It is tough to remember all of your login details, i.e., user names, passwords, and pin codes. Your Facebook, Gmail, your online banking, and any other login details that are hard to remember for anyone. There is a need to store all of your login details in one place and get access to it from any of your devices at any time you need.
Avast password chrome extension is one of the best ways to deal with the situation. You can save all your login details using Avast password manager. Let’s check out the details about Avast password extension, how to activate Avast password extension, how to use Avast password manager, and how to turn off Avast password.
What is Avast Password Extension
Avast Passwords is a new feature designed to make life bit easier by keeping all of your passwords safely locked up in a virtual vault. It is much safer than storing your passwords in your browser where unwanted unexpected eyes may pray. Avast password manager allows you to store sensitive data at a single place. Avast password can be used to fill out web forms quickly and get access to online accounts.
Lots of internet browsers have features to store your personal information, but these are not safe and protected and can be hacked easily. With Avast password, you only have to remember one Main password so that you can sign in quickly without re-entering your passwords.
How to Activate Avast Password Extension
- After installing the Avast antivirus software, launch the software on your system, and open its interface.
- Click on the privacy option and move to the passwords.
- Now click on “Start now” button to begin the configuration procedure.
- Now click on “passwords overview” button, here you need to create a password that appears on the screen and re-type it.
- Now you are required to check the box next to the message saying that “we are unable to reset or restore Main Password if you forget it.”
- You are required to memorize the password or just not it somewhere because if you forget it, you can be in great trouble. Now press “Set Password” and then “continue.”
- Afterward, you need to press “Activate in Google Chrome,” and then you need to follow steps in the browser and select “install extension.”
- Now you are required to click “Install” in the browser and then press “Add Extension” once the dialog box pops up.
- After that, a confirmation message will pop up that displays extension has been added successfully.
- When you receive a message saying “Excellent! Avast password is ready to use” on your screen, you can delete all your password from your browser and start using the Avast password manager.
- Once you activate the Avast Passwords extension for chrome, all your passwords saved in your browsers will be automatically introduced to Avast Password. You can also add your passwords manually and give login details for each online account.
How to Use Avast Password Manager
Avast password manager is easy and free to use. Here is the complete step to step guide of using Avast Password Manager.
- Open the Avast user interface
- Click the passwords icon
- Click any menu items. Avast checks the passwords that are stored in your browser
- Click “check my passwords” to review how safe your passwords are. Avast password gives a Password Security Score
- Click on a score type to see which passwords are affected
- To secure your accounts passwords, click activate for free. You should remember one Main password to access all your online accounts. You can sync your passwords across all your devices.
- Click continue. Create your main password.
- After creating the Main password, you can install the Avast extension on your browser and start using Avast password.
How to Turn off Avast Password
If you want to disable or turn off the Avast password option, then this step to step guide will help.
- Launch the Avast Antivirus software. You can also search for “avast antivirus” in the Start menu of your PC.
- Now click on the “Settings panel” and go to “Menu” option located at the top right corner of the window and select “Settings.”
- Go to the “component settings” found on the left panel.
- Now move down and go to “Privacy part.” Select the password option to open it.
- Now choose the uninstall component option. You will see a confirmation box appears on the screen.
A confirmation box will appear on your screen. Click ok button to approve the uninstallation. Now restart your PC to check the changes afterward. Now the process is complete.