Large Outdoor Dog Kennels
The selection of large outdoor dog kennels on the Internet is astonishing. A dog owner can literally get any kind he wishes and as big as he likes. Moreover, you may get extra features like the waterproof cover, special floor, several doors, etc. In case you have no electric fence or a regular one, a large outdoor kennel is a must. Today we’ll discuss the most popular choices as well as learn how to pick the proper model.
5 Factors to Influence Your Choice
When making such a big purchase, you need to make sure you know enough to make a wise decision. There are 5 elements of a successful choice here. They include:
- First of all, enough space is essential. The roomy kennel in the open air is a much-needed place. Measure your pup and pick the one that will provide room for games or training. Don’t forget to measure your backyard to make sure there is a perfect spot to place it.
- Mind the security and double-check your dog won’t figure out how to unlock it. A reliable lock can influence the price a bit but it’ll definitely pervert the breakout attempts. Be ready to pay extra for this feature.
- The frame should ideally be from stainless steel. Don’t get very thin material when you know the animal may chew through it. A rust-resistant coating will be a great addition, too.
- Portability is also important when you two travel together. Firstly, there are portable kennels designed to transport dogs. On the contrary, simple kennels are used when camping, for instance. Define the purposes and goals you’d like to achieve with the purchase and pick the most suitable model.
- Finally, you should think about how much you are willing to spend on it. Stay within your budget but pick the best option with the affordable price range.
Yet, when it comes to making a choice, everything seems very similar and confusing. In case you feel confused as well, simply pick from the top 3 kennels sold online.
Start by turning to the popular and well-established brands like Lucky Dog, MidWest Homes, Precision Pet, etc. They are known for the quality and reliability of the materials.
As soon as you make the decision to buy a large outdoor dog kennel, start exploring the possibilities with Lucky Dog Modular Box Dog Kennel with Waterproof Cover. The manufacturer offers 3 sizes that may fit in even large dog breeds. A waterproof cover makes it stand out from other similar solutions. It protects from rain and sunlight. Needless to mention, you may remove it when needed.
Other decent options include MidWest Homes Outdoor Dog Kennel. It is a very beautiful and big choice. This kennel can be up to 6 feet tall and 10 feet long. You may pick a smaller size though. It stands out by the simplest installation process. MidWest doesn’t have sharp edges that might harm your pup. Moreover, it’s delivered with a sunroof to keep 80% of the sunlight out.
Lucky Dog Uptown Welded Wire Kennel might become your choice if you’ve got a small yard. It’s a compact version with a UV resistant coating but still has plenty of room for the animal. Use this solution for short-term stays. It stands out by having elevated feet for quick and simple cleaning. However, mind that some large dogs can chew through it.